Meet The Hair Stylists
- Heather Annaleice Young
- Heather Annaleice Young has been in the hair industry for over 11 years specializing in both haircutting and hair straightening. Voted CitySearch's 2006 editorial winner for"Best Hair Straightening", she is now one of the leading specialists in Thermal Reconditioning, Keratin Treatments, and Keratin Express Treatments. What makes her services unique is her genuine and sincere desire to help you feel more confident and beautiful. She is the type of stylist that is not afraid to turn you away if she feels you will not get optimum and safe results from any of her straightening treatments. She received her 1 year extensive hair straightening education from Patrick Evan, and was one of the first stylists in the city of San Francisco to specialize in Thermal Reconditioning. Now, you will find many who claim to specialize, but few will put the level of expertise, care and integrity that Annaleice does based on years of experience. Since her extensive training years ago, she has served as both specialist and educator at Hairplay and Groove and at Keter salon. She strives to bring you the highest quality Thermal Re-conditoning Treatments and Keratin Treatments coupled with a genuine care and honesty in the services we provide. Annaleice books by appointment only, and consultations are complimentary.
Hilary Reed brings with her over 25 years of experience as an Educator and Hair Stylist. She is deeply committed to her evolving passion for creative and corrective hair color, hair cutting, curly hair and special occasion hair design. Hilary is certified as an Inoa color provider, a completely ammonia free permanent hair color and is currently working with other new and progressive organic and non-organic color lines. She believes in ongoing education and has studied with companies such as Bumble and Bumble, Redken, Matrix, Trevor Sorbie, Vidal Sassoon, Toni and Guy and many others. Hilary believes in upholding the most stylish possibilities for your hair while simultaneously developing looks that are wearable and easy to recreate at home. She is also a performing musician, sound healing practitioner, vocal coach and leads workshops in improvisational sound and creative listening. If you ask nicely, she just may sing you a little song while spinning her hair magic!
- Lance Shannon
- Lance is a native of California and couldn’t be happier to have made his home in San Francisco. He really enjoys working at The John Brody salon and welcomes new and returning clients. Through his talents in haircutting, color and styling, Lance makes sure to bring his artistic expression, allowing a wearable style that compliments you. With a thorough consultation, Lance explains the benefits of his expertise and the use of Bumble and Bumble products for you to recreate this look at home. He is educated in Goldwell Color, Bumble and Bumble, Redken Color, Keratin Copala Certified, Feather Extensions and believes in an ongoing, continued education. Besides his passion for all things hair, Lance loves movies, pop culture, exploring new restaurants and driving around town on his Vespa.
- Mariel Haag
- Mariel Haag has been a professional hair stylist since 2005 and joined the John Brody Salon team in 2007. Mariel has a degree in Sociology from UC Santa Cruz. After years of working in Corporate America, she decided to take a giant leap into the colorful and creative world of hair styling. Her dedication to this craft is evident in her work, where she specializes in precision hair cutting and color as well as bridal hair styling. Mariel draws inspiration from classic pin-up art and vintage styling, infusing all of her work with a dash of glamour. Continuing education is a priority for Mariel. She recently traveled to New York to complete the Bumble & Bumble University Design Workshop and is planning another educational journey there in the spring of 2012. She has over 4 years of experience specializing in the Redken color line and techniques including creative color, highlighting, and balayage. When she is not behind the chair, Mariel keeps busy singing and writing music for her Alt-country duo and practicing yoga.
- Ryan William Brody
- Salon Owner / Stylist
Opening The John Brody Salon was a dream come true for Ryan. Ryan brings a wide variety of talent and skill to his craft. He has participated in fashion shows, theater work, photo shoots and an independent film. Besides working behind the chair, Ryan manages the Salon Education and is a certified Network Educator for Bumble and Bumble. He has extensive training from Redken, Vidal Sasoon – London, Sebastian and various courses through Salon Centric. You can see how much Ryan loves what he does with his artistry in cutting and coloring hair to the relationships he builds with his staff. With a lot of hard work, Ryan believes in his team and what the salon has to offer the community. That desire and drive is what makes Ryan and his salon a success! When not in the salon, you can find him playing tennis, running and exploring San Francisco’s theater and culinary cuisines.
- Sammy Pasion
Sammy Pasion is a Bay Area native. Since 2007, Sammy began her training at the San Francisco Institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology. During her studies, she developed a passion for dimensional hair color and a polished style. Sammy is a believer in continued education. After completing her initial training, she has embarked on training from: Toni and Guy – London, Bumble and Bumble in house education, Redken Color and Wella. When she’s not making people gorgeous at work, you can find her walking her dog Stella or singing Michael Jackson songs at karaoke.
- Website: www.stylinsteph.com
- Stephanie came to The John Brody Salon from Hair Play, where she successfully went through their assisting program. That is when she learned how to master hair cuts, color and highlights. Stephanie is an incredible person, whose personality generously lends to her creativity within the salon. Since joining our team, from the very day we opened, she has really taken her craft to another level. She is always looking to improve her skill set, in order to meet the demands of our industry and ever changing styles, for each changing season. We all feel lucky to have Stephanie on our team. Stephanie is multi-talented and lends her styling skills to photo shoots and continues to add amazing work to her ever growing portfolio. She's got beauty, talent, drive, ambition and a keen sense of style.
- Beth Van Bogart has been a professional hairstylist since 2005. She hails from southern California where her main inspirations have been old Hollywood glamour, sexy beach bombshells, punk rock, and all aspects of nature. While attending cosmetology school she began assisting at a Bumble and Bumble salon in Orange County where she gained her roots. She continued to heighten her knowledge by gaining education through Kevin Murphy, Kadus, Brocato, Kin Crem, and Rusk. Beth specializes in color correction, transitional color, natural textured hairstyles, curly hair, and upstyles. She is very passionate about creative hair and always aspires for originality. When she has free time Beth also loves working with other mediums and palates like drawing, painting, sculpting and sewing.
- Kristen is a Bay Area native. She began her career in hair in 2004, when she attended the San Francisco institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology. She has had a deep passion for hairstyling and fashion starting from when she was very young and would try to makeover all of her relatives. She is influenced by 60's and 70's fashion and loves to create beautiful, chic hairstyles for her clients. Ongoing education is very important to Kristen, so she is constantly taking classes to keep her inspired. Her training at Vidal Sassoon and teaching at Paul Mitchell the School really helped her to excel in her craft. She specializes in precision hair cutting, creative color, highlighting and styling and is trained in Redken, Wella, L'oreal professional, Kerastase, and Bumble and Bumble. She loves to pamper her clients and makes it her priority to really listen to them and help them solve their hair dilemmas. In addition, she pays extreme attention to detail. Her mission is to make you look and feel your best! When she is not at the salon, she enjoys taking dance classes, live music, baking and spending quality time with friends and family.